Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Inspiration Station

It's been sort of a while since I blogged - I literally did not know that life could be so busy and so many things could take place all at once. Since a large percentage of that is self imposed, I will stop there and not complain about my life this time.

Lately, I've been feeling very restless - ironic, since I'm so busy, no? And yet. It's like I live in reality, which is full of work and meetings and working out and e-mails and cleaning and dealing with Mr. Bratty Cat, who does not get that he needs a rabies shot before he can go roam outside and the vet is only open at weird times and I didn't have the energy to take him last weekend. But there's like this other world, almost, which is so close I can taste it - and it's full of mountains and oceans and swimming and hiking and snow cones and long lazy days where I make salads full of deliciousness and eat them with crusty bread and good wine and homemade ice cream and a lot of friends. I blame Pinterest for this vision of life. Pinterest, and professional bloggers. You guys stink. But I love you. But seriously, your lives are unfairly awesome and the rest of us are jealous.

Anyway... even though I may have to content myself with merely wishing I was a lot cooler than I am, all this pinning and reading other people's blogs has made me feel quite inspired, and therefore I am going to share with you an unnecessarily long list of the things that inspire me today, and perhaps someone out there will also feel inspired and go do something with it that is devastatingly chic. So here you go!

Kristin's Nuggets of Inspiration:

1. Snow cones with frozen yogurt swirled in. TC's Shaved Ice, Dallas folks. Get into it.

2. Swimming in the ocean. Or in a pool. Just - swimming.

3. Industrial-style furniture and decor. I am dying over this bookcase.

via Home Decorators. Please come live with me.
4. Fresh berries that you just wash and eat straight up.

5. Art Deco jewelry - I should probably buy these earrings because I have been lusting after them for months, literally.
House of Harlow earrings from The Trend Boutique.
6. Antlers. I know that sounds weird. It's cool. I just love the organic shapes and the geometry of them. I don't want to kill deer.

7. Ice cream. Homemade. Sundaes. Whatever. Always.

8. Colored denim (me and everyone else in the world, right?)

9. Chambray and white.

10. Chevrons. I. AM. OBSESSED.

This online retailer sells decals for your walls. Obviously I want these.
11. Maps.

12. Chalkboards and/or surfaces covered in chalkboard paint.

13. French, anything and everything. J'adore, oui?

14. Horizontal nautical stripes. I cannot wear Breton stripes (thanks, genetics) and it makes me so mad! But still, I love it.
via Refinery29. Check the bag, y'all.
15. Biking. I have a mad urge to bike to work. Of course, it's 106 outside and we don't have a shower here... but nonetheless.

16. Superfoods... chia, matcha, flax, etc.

17. Lemon flavored things.

18. Flavored coffee... creme brulee and southern pecan are my current favorites. Central Market, get there!

19. Yoga inversions. Crow pose and a headstand against the wall are about my limits at this point, but I wish that I could do more!

20. Black and white graphic patterns.

21. Polished menswear. Gotta make the boy look good!

22. This and all summer cakes with more fruit than cake:

Smitten Kitchen.
23. Indie jams - The Naked and Famous, Fun., Kisses, The Xx, Dirty Projectors. Check it out.

24. Hardcore workouts... I've been doing Insanity with the boy. Someday my abs will look like Tanya's (no, they won't. She probably doesn't like chocolate as much as me).

25. The beach. Closely related to swimming, and yet different.

26. Typography - always. If you use Comic Sans, we ain't friends.

27. Fireflies.
the coolest photo EVER, from the design ark.
28. Sweet tea vodka.

29. Fresh herbs. I'm obsessed with having an herb garden.

30. Understated stud earrings.

31. Vegan recipes. I am not vegan, and I like cheese and ice cream too much to become so, but I kind of wish I was. To justify the expense of the vegan foods I want to buy.

32. Monograms. And also giant letters in people's home decor.

33. Late summer nights, wine with friends. Patios. Stars. Candles.

34. Kitty cats!

35. Puppies! I really want one. Don't tell Dragon. 

36. Little white dresses (I'm on a rehearsal dinner outfit quest).

37. Personal reading books - right now, I've got a Christian growth book (Desiring God by John Piper), I just finished The Magicians by Lev Grossman, and next up is a personal finance book (don't laugh at me! Budgets are sexy.)

38. Grilled pizza. Grilled fruit. Grilled avocado.

39. The Lumineers. It's a band. You should know about it.

40. Floating the river, swimming holes, camping, and anything remotely related. Did I mention swimming?

Okay, I think that's enough. Remember, love life, be inspired, even if your office has no windows and your town is so hot you can't even breathe when you walk outside. Have a sno cone and go for a swim. It will be okay. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment