Well, if you're a person who reads my blog regularly.... you might be confused, because things look a little different around here. I've been wanting to give my blog a refresh for a while now - mainly to remind myself to keep writing in it and give myself a little bit of direction. I've decided to rechristen it as well (you may have noticed).
"Urban/Suburban" is an expression of my life at the moment. I'm a city girl, born and raised, but I still love my cowboy boots and campfires. Our recent move has relocated the hubby and I to the suburbs, where I am having some minor urban withdrawals... by which I mean, trying to get down to the city whenever possible like the crazy person I am. As one does. I feel like my life is straddling two different worlds. I am an urban girl with a job and a 401k, but I'm also a suburban wife who cooks dinner and repaints furniture (post to come when the job is completely complete). I am both city and country, I can review spreadsheets and bake bread in the same day, and I want to celebrate it. I hope you're ready to come along for the ride!
I don't have any fun suburb living stories for you today (none with pictures), so instead, I will leave you with a list of what I'm loving right now:
1. Trader Joe's oatmeal cranberry dunkers (always, always).
2. The sound of cicadas. I'll hate it by August, but every time I step outside and hear them buzzing, it just reminds me how great it is to live in the South.
3. Circuit workouts
4. Temporary wallpaper - we just hung it up in our kitchen (a two day feat) and it makes such a huge difference. There are no words. Pictures to come.
5. Evil eyes on jewelry. Don't know why. Just love it.
6. The idea of starting my own compost. Hmmm.... maybe soon.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment