But I'm going to attempt something new.
See, I think part of the problem is I don't have anything really concrete to blog about. The world definitely doesn't need another cooking blog or fitness blog or stylish living blog. And at the end of the day, other people are going to try harder and do better at blogging about those things anyway, and I doubt anyone cares immensely about my opinions anyway.
I want to write about something that will mean something to me regardless of whether other people read it. And at the same time, I'm working on this new thing where I try not to be so negative and cynical about my life. I don't want to ever look back on life and realize I spent it waiting around for things to get better before I really lived. If this is the only time I have, I want it to count. And one way I think I can do this is by reflecting on the things in my life that are great and good and lovely, the growing pains and the exciting things and even the things that take place while I sit at a desk for 10 hours a day. I want to celebrate my life and remember all the amazing and beautiful things that are part of it. So that's what I'll be blogging about from now on. You can read it if you care. If not, that's fine. I'll write it for me anyway.
If you, like me, are sick and tired of hating your life, frustrated by the seeming lack of joy in your daily routine or just feeling stuck where you are, I highly recommend you read the book Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist. It is a very easy read and I find it to be inspiring every time I read it. She has a knack for pointing out the loveliness of daily life.
To start off, here are some things I am thankful for at this moment:
1. No more cold weather here in Dallas!
2. The exercise ball I sit on at work that makes me feel a little less like a lazy bum all day.
3. Extra-sharp cheddar cheese (which was on my sandwich at lunch)
4. Vegan overnight oats. Have you guys tried this? So easy and so delicious. Go get on Pinterest and figure it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment