I think I have a case of the Mondays... pretty much every week. It's getting really serious.
For example, this morning I realized that I took my id out of my wallet yesterday afternoon to go on my bike ride, and I have no idea where I put it. This is pretty typical for me - I lose things almost as often as I trip on things or run into stationary objects. It just happens. But anyway, I remembered that my license was not in my wallet when I was rushing trying to get out the door, and I panicked because I was already late, and no license means no speeding which means Kristin is going to be late for work. After ten minutes of searching, I still don't know where my license is. It's not really a big deal. I could have managed, but instead, I took the high road and had a freakout completely disproportionate to the situation. My fiance tried to talk to me on the phone and I screamed at him like it was his fault.
Clearly, I am awesome.
What's ironic is that earlier this morning, I was reflecting on Holy Week and the celebration of something that matters so much more than my daily life. One of my prayers this week is to have a heart of reflection on the suffering of Christ, to not overlook the true story behind this week. And as I got my tardy booty to work (still speeding), it was hard to ignore the fact that I'm not off to a great start at that.
But it smells like rain outside, and it's one of those great breezy mornings with dark clouds that just makes everything seem green and alive. I love mornings like this. Actually, I just love this time of year, when nature seems like it's screaming "I'm alive!" and green and flowers are just exploding everywhere. It's overdone, it's excessive, gaudy, teeming with life. This is a celebration of who God is, and everything points to glory. It's this kind of expression that brings me back to reality, reminding me that life isn't just about fitting in a morning workout, running late to work, packing lunches and feeding the cat and folding laundry. There is something greater, deeper, ancient and powerful at work in this world, something that makes ordinary life extraordinary just by its existence.
And I'm worried about where a stupid piece of plastic is hiding, knowing that regardless of where it is, I have a search parameter of less than 800 square feet of space. Hello, priorities.
In closing... here are a few of the little things I'm savoring this week:
1. New shoes - not just one, but two delicious pairs for my tootsies!
2. Frozen yogurt
3. Game of Thrones - excessively graphic? yes. addicting? totally.
4. Sweet potato-white bean-tahini veggie burgers
5. The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
For example, this morning I realized that I took my id out of my wallet yesterday afternoon to go on my bike ride, and I have no idea where I put it. This is pretty typical for me - I lose things almost as often as I trip on things or run into stationary objects. It just happens. But anyway, I remembered that my license was not in my wallet when I was rushing trying to get out the door, and I panicked because I was already late, and no license means no speeding which means Kristin is going to be late for work. After ten minutes of searching, I still don't know where my license is. It's not really a big deal. I could have managed, but instead, I took the high road and had a freakout completely disproportionate to the situation. My fiance tried to talk to me on the phone and I screamed at him like it was his fault.
Clearly, I am awesome.
What's ironic is that earlier this morning, I was reflecting on Holy Week and the celebration of something that matters so much more than my daily life. One of my prayers this week is to have a heart of reflection on the suffering of Christ, to not overlook the true story behind this week. And as I got my tardy booty to work (still speeding), it was hard to ignore the fact that I'm not off to a great start at that.But it smells like rain outside, and it's one of those great breezy mornings with dark clouds that just makes everything seem green and alive. I love mornings like this. Actually, I just love this time of year, when nature seems like it's screaming "I'm alive!" and green and flowers are just exploding everywhere. It's overdone, it's excessive, gaudy, teeming with life. This is a celebration of who God is, and everything points to glory. It's this kind of expression that brings me back to reality, reminding me that life isn't just about fitting in a morning workout, running late to work, packing lunches and feeding the cat and folding laundry. There is something greater, deeper, ancient and powerful at work in this world, something that makes ordinary life extraordinary just by its existence.
And I'm worried about where a stupid piece of plastic is hiding, knowing that regardless of where it is, I have a search parameter of less than 800 square feet of space. Hello, priorities.
In closing... here are a few of the little things I'm savoring this week:
1. New shoes - not just one, but two delicious pairs for my tootsies!
2. Frozen yogurt
3. Game of Thrones - excessively graphic? yes. addicting? totally.
4. Sweet potato-white bean-tahini veggie burgers
5. The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment