Friday, August 26, 2011

TGIF

It's FRIDAY!!!! I'm so excited... it has been a tough week for sure around these parts. After a relaxing weekend at the beach in Galveston [not the perfect white sand/blue water getaway I would have picked, but good enough for me - and a lot cheaper!], this week seemed determined to stress me out extra to make up for it.

But I will not be defeated by you, week. I will still find a way to relax and enjoy life, no matter how much stress piles on. This weekend [hallelujah, what a sweet word] I will be indulging in some or [hopefully] all of the following to rein in my stress and zen myself out for the week ahead:

photo from nomeatathlete.com
  1. The weekly long, slow run - have you ever noticed how good it feels to sweat?
  2. Breakfast with the boy - cinnamon raisin french toast?
  3. A nice cup of coffee while sitting on my balcony before the temperature reaches 90 degrees. Come faster, fall! 
  4. A fresh and fizzy summer cocktail or two
  5. Something along the lines of this or this.
  6. And hopefully this too. 
  7. A Food Truck festival with some sweet friends. 
  8. A nap. 
  9. Errands! Even though they are annoying, I sort of love being able to check things off the to-do list: like washing the car, doing the laundry, and finding a slip cover for my new loveseat.
The dog days of summer + leaving for India a week from Monday [yikes] + long hours at work = stressful days for Kristin. But I am so blessed that I have these daily reminders that life is more than what I do in front of my computer all day. Amidst everything that goes wrong in my life on a daily basis, there is still a God who loves me and a lot of good that happens every day. I only hope that I'll be able to recognize those things as they come along and appreciate them as the gifts they are.

Happy Friday, everyone! Buona fine settimana!






No comments:

Post a Comment